Dive Gear and Equipment Sales and ServiceHow Zeagle Customizes your BC
Zeagle’s Patented Personal Fit System
For a Custom BC at no Extra Cost
Just over 20 years ago a small American company building custom parachute equipment turned its focus to diving. It grew to an industry leader in innovation. In the ‘80s Zeagle patented the Ripcord Weight System, which established weight integration as an industry standard. In the ‘90s Zeagle patented the PFS (Personal Fit System) offering superior fit and comfort for Bcs. They produced the first Tech TM BC for use in the new arena called technical diving. It was followed by the now legendary design known as the Ranger TM. These two products revolutionized an industry to heavy-duty professional style products using stainless steel hardware and ballistic materials.
Zeagle's approach to buoyancy systems is unlike that of any other manufacturer. Divers come in many shapes and sizes, and they do different types of diving in widely varying environments. A limited range of models in fixed sizes cannot meet everyone's needs. But a Zeagle BC can. Every Zeagle BC can be customized to fit. The patented Personal Fit System (PFS) gives the diver an exact fit and provides superior comfort. It is a system of modular, interchangeable components that allow custom tailoring to fit your style of diving and body size.
Customizing your BC Start by looking at our standard systems, locate the BC that has the basic features you need, and configure it to match your exact requirements.
Design, Lift and Weight Capacity
- What is your diving environment? Lighter, more compact BC systems are an advantage in warm water diving and for travel, while diving in colder water or deep diving can demand much more lift and weight capacity.
- What is your size, and what type of suit will you wear? Larger, heavier divers will need more lift and weight capacity, particularly if they wear a thick wetsuit or a drysuit.
- Will you ever dive with twin cylinders? Twin cylinders require a heavier BC designed with a wider back, or a backplate system. Zeagle's heavy-duty BCs and backplate systems can all be used with both single and twin cylinders.
- Will you dive in varied environments? Many divers travel from cold to warm water, or do both deep and recreational diving. Zeagle's component systems allow you to custom tailor your buoyancy systems features by switching components as you go from one diving environment to another.
Sizing Points to Remember
- Fit in a buoyancy system, particularly a weight integrated system, is critical to the system's performance.
- Typical "generic" sizing can't provide a good fit for all divers. The vertical position of both buoyancy and weights on the diver is critical, particularly for rear flotation BCs. Both weights and buoyancy should be positioned low, as close as possible to your body's center of buoyancy. This will allow comfortable surface flotation and good balance underwater.
- Torso length (shoulder to waist dimension) can vary a great deal, even for individuals of the same height. If you are either very short or long waisted in relation to your height or waist size, conventional "generic" sizing may not give you a good fit. Zeagle's interchangeable components allow your dealer to fit waist size, torso length, and chest size independently, giving you a personally sized system.
All the Liburdi dive shops, from the first one we opened in Irvine in 1991, have proudly carried the Zeagle BC. All the Liburdi family, from Joe and Cara, Matt and Marlon, to Evan and his wife Niccole wear the Zeagle BC. Partner Carl Felien wears a Zeagle. Our lead instructors Mike Faust and Allen Gibson wear Zeagles. Every one of us is a different size and shape. And every one has a Zeagle that fits just right!